Friday, May 11, 2018

A Letter To Someone


Dear Someone, 
I'm writing this letter to you because the Lord placed it on my heart to do so. It has been laying so heavy on me this week that I couldn't sleep; I had to get up and write. 

I don't know about you but lately, I've been feeling inadequate, unqualified, purposeless, basically like a failure in different areas of my life. Like every door in my life was constantly shutting and I felt like I was stuck up against a wall in an empty hallway full of hopeless opportunities. I started to get weary and depressed, and I started to question and doubt God and His promises to me. 
After getting frustrated and weary and tired of believing the lies of the enemy; I finally decided to pray and cast all my worries, fears, disappointments in God's miraculous hands. That's when God reminded me of His truths about me. He then began to tell me that I'm not a failure and I am victorious through Him!

There have been many times in my life where I felt like a failure and was too embarrassed to talk about it. like the time in college I failed my (pre-calculus) math class 2 times and had to take it a 3rd time (while paying out of state fees at a different college)! Which kept me from obtaining the degree I was anticipating to get at the end of every semester... Talk about feeling like a FAILURE! During that season of my life, it was hard to see what might come out of that but because I didn't let the thought of being a failure in that area stop me from achieving my goal to graduate with honors after having passed that class with an 'A'. And what I learned is that God created everyone differently, we talk differently, learn differently, have different majors, different walks of life, different purposes and callings on our lives, and just because someone accomplishes or understands some things before you do doesn't mean you are less than them.  

But the enemy would love for you to start to play the comparison game and have you measure your worth by the accomplished work of a human being rather than measuring your worth by the creator, Jesus, who died because you were and will always be MORE THAN ENOUGH for Him to lay down His life for you! Roman 5:8 is proof of that. "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." 

And so I want you all to know that you are NOT a failure! No matter what your circumstances look like; Believe that God's promises are true! Maybe you didn't pass that class for the 3rd time in a row. Maybe you didn't get that degree that you hoped you would be getting at the end of this semester. Maybe you didn't qualify for that job or get that scholarship you were hoping to get. Maybe you weren't approved for that car/home loan. Maybe your parents constantly remind you of your past/present failures... or maybe you feel like you failed at being a friend, sibling, child, Christian example, etc... and you feel like you can't move on because you have all these lies circling around you and knocking you down; so you decide to stay there, stay down and believe that you are a failure and you chose to stop fighting those thoughts... But I want to encourage you to not settle for that mindset, FIGHT back with the TRUTHS of God's Word, get up and start to believe what He says about you

Below are a few of some of my favorite encouraging scriptures that I like to meditate on when I feel discouraged, overwhelmed, pressured or feel like throwing in the towel. Write them down and think about them when a lie from the enemy comes to your mind. the bible says in 2 Corinthians 10:5 "We break down every thought and proud thing that puts itself up against the wisdom of God. We take hold of every thought and make it obey Christ."
  • "I can do ALL  THINGS through Jesus Christ Who strengthens me!" ~Philippians 4:13

  • "And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony." ~Revelation 12:11

  • "We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. Let Your unfailing love surround us, Lordfor our hope is in You alone." ~Psalm 33:20-22

  • “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”~Matthew 19:26

  • "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." ~ Philippians 1:6




Another thing that I want you to know that God has a purpose for you! And nothing can stop His plan for your life! Satan may make you call yourself a 'failure' but no mistake you make catches God by surprise. God has a plan/comeback for your every mistake, failure, and setback and He wants you to trust in Him.
  
I know you feel like all hope is gone but I want to encourage you not to give up! God sees your failures and He still wants to use you! 

Keep Pressing forward!!! 

"I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." ~ Philippians 3:14


Love your sis in Christ,

Joy J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Letter To Someone

Dear Someone,  I'm writing this letter to you because the Lord placed it on my heart to do so. It has been laying so heavy on me t...