Friday, November 20, 2015

FEAR: The Faith Crippler


"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
-2 Timothy 1:7


FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real  
For the past couple of weeks I've been struggling with fear, fear of the future, fear of my life living for Christ in this world and the cost that comes with it, having dreams and all. And all these negative thoughts begin to flood my mind and I begin to shrivel up inside. I began to magnify my fears and not God; I let fear be my god in those moments because I started to acknowledge them instead of the One true God who is so much BIGGER than my little fears. And as I was being bombarded by all these thoughts and different things this bible verse came to mind:

*When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the
Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.~ Isaiah 59:19
So when I began to acknowledge just how big God is and remember His word I began to pray and call out to Jesus and rebuke that spirit of fear in my life and over the situation that I was going through. And when I did that little by little I felt that spirit start to lift off of me and begin to disappear. There is POWER in the name of JESUS! The bible says even demons tremble at the mention of His name (Jeremiah 2:19)!!
Fear is a faith crippler... the enemy uses fear to cripple us Christians out of praying, worshipping, reading the bible, obeying God in certain areas of our lives that He has called us to step out in faith but we can't because we are too afraid to do so. He knows that if he can keep us in fear we are ineffective and we won't be a threat to his plans for us because we won't be able to fight back with the proper equipment.

It's time for us to fight back in FAITH! Jesus is our protector, our provider, our healer, our very present help in time of need, etc... Sad to say that this world is not going to get any better. During my quiet time one morning God showed me that we are living in the last days and the enemy is trying so very hard to take our focus off of Christ and confuse us with fear. We tend to get so caught up in life and the different things going on around us that we forget to acknowledge the One who is BIGGER than anything and who HAS control over this whole world. God had to remind me that, He is the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end. He is the One who IS, Who always WAS, ...and Who is STILL to come—the Almighty One!-Revelation 1:8
And how now is not the time to freeze up in fear, shrivel, hide, or give up! Now is not the time to backslide, get mad and curse God, and compromise your faith! Now is NOT the time! It's time to repent of our sins and refocus and stay focused on Him! It's time to keep our eyes on God and stay faithful to Him! Don't let what's going in this world distract you and worry you, it's all going according to His master plan... Just in cause you forgot or didn't know, here's a reminder/spoiler for you: Jesus Christ has already overcame the world! He already WON!! “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in Me."-John 14:1


So my question is what do you do when the enemy starts to overwhelm you with fear?
1) Forget everything that the bible says and run.
2) Face what the bible says will happen and rise.

The next time fear comes knocking at your door, allow faith to answer it ;)

*Meditate and memorize these bible verses about fear:
-"So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"~Hebrews 13:6
 -"Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
- "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.  Do not be afraid, for I myself will help you,' declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel." Isaiah 41:13-14
-"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine. "Isaiah 43:1

-"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

-"The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

-"Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.  Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.  Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" Luke 12:22-26

-"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22


Stay encouraged! Love you all!

Joy J <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Letter To Someone

Dear Someone,  I'm writing this letter to you because the Lord placed it on my heart to do so. It has been laying so heavy on me t...