Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Don't Give Up!




We live in a world where people are so quick to give up instead of fight for what they love, have, and believe in. They give up on life, they give up on their family/friends, they give up on their relationships/marriages, they give up on their hopes/dreams, they give up on the things that God has promised them and last but not least they give up on God. And as Christians that is just what the enemy wants; he wants us to get distracted and detour us off the road that God placed us on. He knows that if we keep heading in that direction towards the calling that God has for us we will be powerful; he knows how victorious we'll be if we persevere through the trials and tribulations in our lives and not give up.

For a long time, I was that person who always seemed to give up when the going got tough. I gave up on any and everything that I started; I even started to give up on God and was ready to give up on life; after all what is life without God?? I didn't care about myself anymore, I lost vision of my dreams; it was all so dim to me. I couldn't see who I was anymore, I didn't know my worth or my identity so I began to wonder through this life blinded by the enemy's web of lies. I began to believe his lies of who he told me I was, how I was a failure and that I would never make it in this world, how no one loved me including God because he allowed certain things to happen in my life. After listening and hearing those lies over and over again replayed in my mind I started to believe that they were actually true. I started to get depressed and discouraged so I gave up on that dream that I had and the goal of finishing school.  After that I soon gave up on school, I took 2 years off, I didn't know what I wanted to do anymore. I was so lost and confused. I lost myself in the midst of that process but I found someone greater; I found God. It was in that time where I was at my wits end, where I thought it was all over that God came and showed me a new beginning in Him. He gave me my sight back; I was able to dream again, He also graced me with the strength to get back in school to help me to get back started on my dreams. From that point on God I learned to put my trust in Him and believe His promises to me. I will now be graduating this summer (2016) all glory to God because without Him I would've never made it this far!


I love these verses in 2 Corinthian 4:15-17 "For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!” I soon began to realize that God is more interested in what you’re becoming than what’s happening to you. He often allows trials, troubles, tribulations, and problems in your life to teach you diligence, determination, and character. The problem you’re going through right now? It’s a test of your faithfulness. Will you continue to serve God even when life stinks? Galatians 6:9 says: “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up”

This New Year I want to encourage you to not give up, don't give up on your goals, dreams, life or God!  Stand firm in your faith and believe that God will help strengthen you in those moments when you feel like you can't go on. Philippians 4:13 reminds us that "We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us."  I think that sometimes we just read/quote verses like this one without even realizing the true power behind them. Which in this verse it says: "WE CAN (not maybe, or might; but CAN) do ALL things through Christ who strengthens US!" When hard times come your way, and believe me they will come if they haven't come already; but when they do come and you feel like giving up all you have to do is call on Jesus! The name that's higher than any other name, the name that has the power to save, the name that gives you strength to endure the tests of life, the name that delivers, rescues and restores you! 2 Corinthians 12:9 says "My grace (God's grace) is all you need. My power (God's power) works best in weakness." So when you're feeling weak that's a great opportunity to allow God's power to flow through you and help strengthen you. Never underestimate you're weakness and God's AMAZING power! 

Stay encouraged fight the good fight and NEVER GIVE UP!! Keep pressing, keep moving, keep trusting, keep believing and have faith that God will do what He said He will do!  “Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ” ~Philippians 1:6 <3

Love you all, your sis in Christ,

Joy J.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Letter To Someone

Dear Someone,  I'm writing this letter to you because the Lord placed it on my heart to do so. It has been laying so heavy on me t...