Wednesday, January 27, 2016

You Can’t Do This By Yourself!


 




No one likes to admit that they need help especially if you're someone as strong willed as me. Someone who doesn’t like to bother anyone and who tries to do it alone; no matter how big or small the situation is. Someone who is always so dependent on self that it's so easy to forget that there is a God that can do far more than we could ever do by ourselves in our own strength. Well I'm here to tell you that YOU CAN'T DO THIS BY YOURSELF! As a Christian or non-Christian; you can't do this in your own power/strength. Not trying to discourage you I’m just speaking from experience.

WE live in a world were all we tend to think about is 'SELF' I this and I that... even our phones starts with the letter 'I' (iphones). We’ve become so self-seeking that we think of how successful and independent we can be on your own. How we can brag about how we did it by ourselves and especially us women in this generation, talking ‘bout how we don't need a "man" because we are sooo "independent" and we don't need no man to come along and help us get what we can get ourselves... WHAT??? It’s time I shine some light on this area because that's not the way God created us humans (male or female) to be. Yes us women shouldn’t be depending on no other man but God and our future husband but we also have to put our pride aside and stop letting one man’s mistake ruin it for all the other men that try to come in your life to help us. From the beginning of mankind when God created Adam, He soon created Eve because He said that "it's not good for man (meaning humanity) to be alone"- Genesis 2:18. God knew that Adam needed someone other than himself, someone else to HELP him in this life, in this world. Some of you may have already heard the phrase “You can't do life alone" well I truly believe that it’s the truth because this life was never meant to be done alone by our self. The bible says in Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 that: "Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken."

Sometimes we feel like admitting that we need help makes us look weak and incapable of handling anything by ourselves; but that is another lie from the enemy! 2 Corinthians12:9-10 says And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong. It's in those weak moments that God can show us just how strong and great He truly is. When we recognize that our strength is nothing compared to God we began to let Him take over and help us no matter the circumstance. We have to realize that without God we can do nothing. - John 15:5

There's too many hurt people running around talkin' 'bout I don't need nobody, I've done it by myself all this time why do I need help? And don't get me wrong kudos to you because not everyone can make it in this life like that. But just because someone, one person, has hurt you or disappointed you doesn't mean that you should charge everyone for that one person’s sin; including God because at some point in your life you may need, want, or wish for someone to help you.  Or maybe you’re like me and you don't want to bother/disturb anyone with your mess and problems. Truth be told I was hurt/disappointed many times by people who couldn't keep their promises or commitment to me but instead of forgiving them I held it against them and everyone else and I used to put on a front and played it off like it didn't phase me but in all reality it did. I stopped trusting people and I began to shut them out, I even shut God out at some point in my life. I began to build up these walls to keep people out of my life because I was tired of getting my hopes up only for them to be torn down; so I stopped expecting anything from them and God and I started to try to do things on my own, in my own strength; without God. Well let me tell you how that turned out, it turned out to be a big mess. I was always tired, weary, depressed, worn out frustrated, annoyed by the outcomes of things and so on so forth. Until God began to work on me and He began to little by little tear down those walls, mend those broken parts and heal what was hurt. That process sure did take some time, and by time I mean a few years. But God started to show me where I was placing my trust and it sure wasn't in Him but in other people. The bible says in Isaiah 2:22 "Don't put your trust in mere humans. They are as frail as breath. What good are they?"  You see people will let you down, they will hurt you, and they will disappoint you, because they are human. But I had to learn that not all people are the same; some of them really do care about you and have your best interest at heart. You just have to have discernment and be God led because not everyone that enters your life is God sent or God led. 

When you learn to trust God, I mean TRULY trust Him; He will began to heal you from any hurt, and He will began to help you in every area of your life. God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble. -Psalm 46:1


Romans 12:4-5 says “Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.”  It’s time to let go of that hurt and leave it at the feet of Jesus where He can heal you and allow you to be free to move on and allow you to help others while they help you. The body of Christ is full of broken people and we all need each other to make it in this world; we can’t make it on our own. The enemy already has enough people coming against and attacking us Christian and we don’t need our brothers and sisters in Christ tearing and breaking each other down, it’s time we start building each other up because we need one another. So let go of the pain and let God use it to encourage someone else who is struggling in that area. Like the famous Hezekiah Walker’s song goes:


I need you
You need me
We're all a part of God's body
Stand with me
Agree with me
We're all a part of God's body
It is his will that every need be supplied
You are important to me
I need you to survive

I pray for you
You pray for me
I love you
I need you to survive
I won't harm you
With words from my mouth
I love you
I need you to survive

We need each other! We need God and we also need someone to help us make it in this life. If you don’t already have someone to do this life with I encourage you to reach out to someone you trust, and if you have a problem with trusting people I encourage you to go to God about it and ask Him to send you to someone you can trust because we all can use someone’s help, encouragement, prayer, and shoulder to cry on at some point in our lives.

I love you all and I’m praying for you all!

Your sis in Christ,

Joy J< 3
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Letter To Someone

Dear Someone,  I'm writing this letter to you because the Lord placed it on my heart to do so. It has been laying so heavy on me t...