Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Importance of Prayer During Your Process



 
As I was growing and maturing in my walk with God I used to get a little upset inside when people, specifically close friends, would tell me to pray about a certain situation or problem that I was having/struggling through even though I knew I should've been praying on my own but I found it easier to live off of their prayer life instead of creating my own. Don't get me wrong I knew all about the power of prayer but a lot of the time when I prayed I felt like my prayers were just hitting the ceiling and falling back down, like they weren't good enough to reach God. But I now know why I used to feel that way because I didn't believe for what I was praying for.  I didn't believe that God was able to do what I was asking Him to do. In Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." I never understood why prayer was so important during the different seasons/processes of my life, why they would tell me to pray but I soon found out when I began to start praying for myself.
Here are 5 reasons why prayer is so important during your process:
1) Prayer builds our relationship with God.
Without prayer we wouldn't be able to talk to God. Talking is a vital important part of our Christian walk because just like any other relationship we need to stay in communion with God.
It builds all the key factors of a relationship like trust, faith, love, loyalty, etc...
2) Prayer helps us overcome temptation.
Prayer gives us the power and strength to overcome temptations and the attacks of the enemy.
1 Chronicles 16:11 says: "Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually"
3) Prayer helps us determine God's will for our lives.
Prayer directs and lead us into the will of God.
Proverbs 3:6 says: "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
4) Prayer helps us accomplish what God has called us to do.
Prayer gives us the strength to endure the process to reach where God called us to.
"So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do."
~2 Thessalonians 1:11
LAST BUT NOT LEAST....
5) Prayer is our spiritual weapon against the plans and schemes of the enemy.
Prayer is a spiritual weapon to fight against the spiritual realm Ephesians 6:12 makes it clear by stating: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Our fights in this life aren't all physical (flesh and blood) but are also spiritual.
2 Corinthians 10:4 "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds."

Ephesians 6:18 says: "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people."

Prayer is one of the most vital things to do as a Christian in this day and age. Just to recap everything prayer helps build, root, ground and strengthen your relationship with God. Prayer takes you deeper in your walk with Him, it deepens your faith and builds your walk on a solid foundation. Prayer helps you overcome temptation. It gives you the strength you need to refrain from it and stand up against it 2 Timothy 2:22 " Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart." Prayer helps us see into the spiritual realm and helps us determine God's will for our lives, as we seek Him on a daily basis He will begin to show us His plan for our lives. After He shows us the plan He has for our lives we must stay prayed up to endure the process that comes with it. Don't think that after you know what God has called you to do that you wont be tempted or battle with different things because you will. That is why during this lifelong process we need to stay in commune with Him daily for help, strength, clarity, provision, and so much more... Lastly prayer is our spiritual weapon. Prayer allows us to intercede on the behalf of ourselves and our fellow Christians near and far from us. It breaks down strongholds, it breaks chains, it breaks soul ties, it breaks the spirit of depression, oppression, loneliness, suicide, etc.. all in the name of JESUS! That is why the enemy tries to stop/hinder our prayer life because he'll also hinder our relationship with God, our power, our fight against him, and our strength.
Stay prayed up!

REMEMBER: Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Your sis in Christ,
 Joy J. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Letter To Someone

Dear Someone,  I'm writing this letter to you because the Lord placed it on my heart to do so. It has been laying so heavy on me t...